Energy of Nature
The portfolio of ”Biomass energy” projects is designed to develop a bio-energy industry in Ukraine through implementation of bio-energy technology and equipment for municipal and industrial generation of heat and electrical energy. Investing in these projects the participants will be entering into a new and highly promising market.
Parameters of the typical investment project
- Construction or modernization project with payback period from 3 years;
- Operation period – more than 25 years;
- Project IRR – more than 25%;
- Project location – all territory of Ukraine.
Pilot project and level of investment
- Co-generation plant using biomass in the Kiev region to generate up to 10 MW of thermal and 2 MW of electrical power.
- The pilot project will enable to:
- Develop a mechanism of a typical project – from pre-investment to commissioning;
- Quickly find local partners for further development and replication of technology projects;
- Streamline regulatory framework to stimulate further investment.
- Investment mechanism: public-private partnership with private investment and borrowed funds;
- Project payback period: 5 years;
- Pilot project implementation period: up to 1.5 years;
- The State has already begun to implement the pre-investment stage at its own expense;
- Total investment volume expected: up to 7 million Euros.
Investment in this new “Biomass energy” portfolio of bio-energy projects is a shrewd and reasonable choice, as you:
- will be the first on new market;
- will have a reliable partner that is interested in your success;
- will have the full support of the state.
As a result – you can build a profitable business, drastically reducing core risk and cranking up market launch.
The Project is managed by:
State Enterprise “Green Energo”
7-a, Tsytadelna Str., Kyiv, Ukraine, 01015
Telephone: +380 44 254 40 15
Fax: +380 44 254 40 17
Project Manager: Rostislav Maraykin
The goal of the project “Energy of Nature” is substantial increase of electricity generation in Ukraine due to the use of the renewable energy sources (RES). The concept of the project is to create the conditions (in addition to the existing ones) to attract investments into the development of the renewable energy of Ukraine.
The facilities of investments are the power plants operating on RES.
The wind power plants constructed in Ukraine at the territories featuring a high wind potential can generate electricity with capacity factor 35-40%, which is considerably higher than the corresponding average world and European indicators.
The solar power plants provide the high cost-effectiveness due to the high level of solar radiation and number of solar days in most regions of Ukraine, as well as due to the very high tariff for electricity of the solar power plants.
Owing to the availability of high energy potential of RES and high “green” tariffs for electricity in Ukraine, the corresponding investment projects are high yielding – the internal rate of return (IRR) is 15-20% and the payback period is 5-7 years.
Nowadays the solar power plants with a total capacity of 87.5 MW and wind power plants with a total capacity of 109 MW are connected to the power system in Ukraine.
Pilot project, volumes of investments
The investment projects need the following:
- EUR 40 million for construction of the 10 MW solar power plant;
- EUR 150 million for construction of the 100 MW wind power plants.
Today, Ukraine is developing this kind of projects. They have the different level of readiness – from front-end engineering substantiating the feasibility of the project to the stage at which engineering and developing are completed and the land issues are solved.
The National Project “Energy of Nature” is looking forward to cooperation with investors. We will provide the state support of your investment projects in the sphere of renewable energy of Ukraine which will ensure the high yielding to these projects with minimum risks.
Project Manager –Vadym Tocheny
7A, Tsytadelna Str., Kyiv, Ukraine, 01015
Tel.: +38 044 254 40 15, +38 044 254 40 11
Fax: +38 044 501 11 44